PDA

View Full Version : Compressing PSD Files???

RockysGFX
04-10-2008, 04:53 AM
Recently i found that if you simply change your .psd file over to .png (.not gif) then it will reduce the file size, without losing quality o shrinking the image by 75%, (example: PSD: 2MB changed to PNG: 673 KB), does anyone have any other suggestions because i save alot of hard drive space by doing this, and it loads up faster on Photoshop.

grindcity
04-10-2008, 05:51 AM
Recently i found that if you simply change your .psd file over to .png (.not gif) then it will reduce the file size, without losing quality o shrinking the image by 75%, (example: PSD: 2MB changed to PNG: 673 KB), does anyone have any other suggestions because i save alot of hard drive space by doing this, and it loads up faster on Photoshop.

If i were u, i would invest in a external hard drive. at least a 8gb, that way u dont have to deal with all that compression crap.

RockysGFX
04-10-2008, 06:04 AM
If i were u, i would invest in a external hard drive. at least a 8gb, that way u dont have to deal with all that compression crap.

already got one with 200 gb but when you do movies and everything else you will still need to compress files. anybody

RockysGFX
04-10-2008, 06:05 AM

already got one with 200 gb but when you do movies and everything else you will still need to compress files. anybody got any suggestions on compressing psd files??

jhi241
04-10-2008, 07:11 AM
id still just buy another they dont really cost much anymore now that the store space is going up im actually runing 12 of them between my home and my company but probly end up buying more because im a storage rat haha.

RockysGFX
04-15-2008, 08:28 PM
id still just buy another they dont really cost much anymore now that the store space is going up im actually runing 12 of them between my home and my company but probly end up buying more because im a storage rat haha.

but still wat if u dont want that