Forum Rules - Effective Immediately
This forum is here to encourage learning and serve as a place for people to interact with one another while gaining valuable knowledge about design. Learning is best when the environment is comfortable for the individual. In order to ensure that the learning environment is at its maximum greatness, there have been some rules set. These rules are subject to change as administration sees fit. Please read over the following rules and adhere to them to make sure that your presence here is a long and healthy one.
• Personal attacks, pictures, links to pages or anything about anyone’s REAL life outside the boards will NOT be tolerated. Ban.
• Be mindful of people who do not have fast connection speeds. If your sig is overly huge, you will be asked to resize it. If the request goes ignored, your signature will be deleted and if you repost it without correcting the size, you will be banned. The maximum size of sigs is 345x175. INCLUDING TEXT. Constant abuse of this rule will result in sig privileges being restricted.
• When you're uploading your work, upload it at a decent size. Have some common sense, don't upload a big picture where someone has to scroll over a million times to see it.
• Posting of personal information, pictures, ip addresses and other information that compromises the safety of members will NOT be tolerated. This will result in an INSTANTANEOUS ban.
• No racist, sexist, hateful, offensive, threatening, obscene, or otherwise rude remarks. If someone leaves you feedback and you don't like them or it, ignore it or say thank you. It's not "hating." Fights will not be tolerated. One warning, then a week ban. If it continues to happen, you will be banned indefinetly..
• Multiple accounts will not be tolerated. If you are suspected of having multiple accounts, they will be deleted and you WILL be banned. Everytime.
• Stealing of people's work is NEVER tolerated. Instant ban.
• Once you are banned. That's it. A ban is a ban. If there is a time limit on it, take heed to that. If you are permanently banned, that doesn't mean, take a couple of weeks break and come back. It means DON'T COME BACK. PERIOD. EVER. Learn that.
• Users posting and/or requesting illegal MEDIA (pictures, audio files, movies or any other material) will be banned permanently (by email, IP and username) and user’s data will be deleted.
• Do NOT upload PSD's of yourself, unknowns, MySpace or other website artists or JUNK, nobody need that in their artwork. We appreciate cuts, but if you know deep down that you can't cut, so don't waste yours or our time, uploading it. It will be removed, if you put it back, instant PERM ban.
• Do NOT post up duplicates of what's already here..Nobody wants to go through 4 of the same render, trying to figure out which one is which..Give the person who cut it first respect, if theirs is bad, report it, when it's deleted, then you can upload yours. Uploading the same renders takes away too much of people's time and causes mass confusion. Also takes up too much space..
• Don't upload renders where you've RETOUCHED them. No one wants your retouched work on top of a PSD that they could have done something to themselves. If you have to retouch something, nine times out of 10 you shouldn't be uploading it anyway.
• DO NOT steal other people's cuts and claim them as your own!! Cutting is very challenging and not everybody can do it, why would someone want you to come stealing their cuts? Do no upload manips either.
• If you upload a PSD that didn't go through for whatever reason, please be courteous enough to delete the one that didn't work. If you continue to do it, it will result in a 24 hour ban.
• If someone requests a cut, it can be uploaded, but will be removed within 24 hours. We don't want PSDS up of people who shouldn't be uploaded.
• If your PSD isn't where you thought it was, it didn't disappear magically, it was deleted. DO NOT reupload your PSD if it was deleted, it was done for a reason. If a moderator comes to you and tells you to reup it, then go ahead. If you keep reuploading the PSD after it was taken down, you will be banned for 24 hrs. If you choose to ignore the moderator and do it again, all PSD's will be removed and you WILL be banned PERMANENTLY.
Posting is a privilege, not a right.
• If you have nothing to contribute to a discussion, DON’T POST!
• Do not cross-post threads. One thread is enough.
• All content in forum is subject to approval by staff, and may be removed without warning.
• Discussion of piracy, and other illegal activities will not be tolerated..Including conversations of commercial fonts..If you don't know what that means, ILLEGAL fonts and how to acquire them..
• No posting illegal links to illegal content including fonts..
• No posting of nude pics.
• No threatening or harassing of another member
• No affiliation with banned members are allowed. Posting site links to their sites elsewhere, any information that has to do with them, etc.
• Don't come in the door asking for cuts or favors, when you haven't even been around the site yet. Nobody is going to do nothing for you for free..This isn't the soup kitchen..
• Don't bump threads..If nobody commented on it, they didn't want to..You don't need to keep bumping it up to the top..
• Not required, but read the announcements from time to time..They have useful information in them.
Moderators have been given a position of authority at officialpsds.com and we expect them to represent the forum and set a good example for the other members to follow. Moderators are to:
• watch over the forum to make sure that members follow the rules and guidelines
• notify the member via private message if you move-modify that users topic or post.
• Know that every action that you make should be in the best interest of the board or other members and not for your own personal satisfaction
• Never use their power to carry out any personal issues with others
• Members shall behave in a manner that is appropriate to the forum, along with the rules listed above.
• Follow and respect the decision of forum moderators. If you disagree with a moderator’s decision, please send them a private message. Arguing with them in the forums will not be tolerated.
• Members shall not have any illegal links or discussion in their signatures, profiles, avatars, etc.
Last but not least..
Be respectful towards one another. If you cannot hold a decent conversation without getting into it over stupid and senseless talk, ignore one another. Hit the ignore button and keep it moving.
If you have a problem with someone or something, contact a moderator and they will address the situation ASAP. If by chance one is not on duty, don’t keep the fight going, ignore the situation and go on and send a PM.
Spamming is simply NOT TOLERATED on this site!!
If anyone sees anyone breaking the rules, contact a moderator immediately. If it continues, you will be permanently banned from the forums.
ALL RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED OR ACTION WILL BE TAKEN!!
Although the administrators and moderators of officialpsds.com will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All forum postings express the views of the author, and neither the owners of officialpsds.com nor the staff will be held responsible for the content of any message. Any information and content of a forum posting is the sole responsibility of the user.
Administrators have the right to modify or delete any posts on the discussion forums, profiles, signatures, and any other material on OP for any reason, without explanation.
Last edited by Envii : 09-08-2010 at 02:45 AM.
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:14 AM.